Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A look around the Buttercup Ink studio




I've been doing some re-organising and tidying up of my studio space this last few weeks. So now that it's looking good, I wanted to share some photos with you.

I love to see peoples home office/studio spaces. Great for ideas on storage and also gives a great insight into the person who works there.

My very handy husband put this shelf in for me at the weekend. It gives me great work space for trimming, binding and packaging and also keeps the more dangerous equipment away from Gabriels little hands!


This is the printing corner. I use the multi function for all my day to day admin stuff like invoices and quote and the big Epson for my prints.


This is the old chest that my husband picked up for me from a local vintage shop. Great for extra storage - especially jobs that are complete and ready for delivery. And I think it looks pretty awesome too!

I'm constantly trying to find ways to make the studio space functional but also, as it's right in the middle of our home, it has to work aesthetically too. I also have wedding clients in this space for consultations so it has to also be inviting.


The vintage suitcase I use to store my stock for markets and also use it for my market display.

The general office'y stuff lives here.


This window gives great light for all my cutting and finishing. The height is fab as I've had one too many sore backs from being stooped over a desk cutting for hours!


My favourite item in the studio has to be my world map. I often find myself daydreaming and plotting our next big adventure. Very educational too! Did you know... the South Shetland Islands belong to the UK and are south of Cape Horn in South America!


Well I hope you've enjoyed having a look around Buttercup Ink HQ!

V xx

1 comment: